Good Morning! Today over at My Cricut Craft Room it is Creative Card Tuesday!! So make sure you check out what the design team came up with!
Now I know Erica likes it when we use our cricuts or imagine machines, but I forgot to use it lol! So I wanted to show you that I am trying out new projects and see what I can make or come up with.
I am a new beginner and I think my projects are getting better each day! SO my advice to you all is never give up and try new things! Practise does make perfect!
So here is my Card that I made for today!
Its a Surprise shutter Card!
Here its is!
This is how the shutter comes out and its a secret compartment!
I think this is such a great card for kids!!
This is what the card looks like with the shutter piece in the card!
Instructions how I did this:
- First I got a regular card that is measured at 8 1/2x 5 1/2
- Then Cut a piece of Card stock (same color as your original card) at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
- Then Cut two pieces of card stock( I chose Whisper white) at 5"X 2 1/4
This is how I decorated the inside!
4. Then choose your stamps for the top of the shutter card and the bottom of the shutter card!
5. Then put everything on the side and take your original card and place one of the whisper white cardstock and trace it and then cut it out. Now make sure there is a little room on both sides of the card just so you can put the shutter card in the card and it fits perfectly.
6. Then open your regular card up place your 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 cardstock on the bottom of the card and take your bottom of your shutter card (white whisper) and glue it on the cardstock.
7. then glue just 1/2 inch on the top and the bottom and .2' from the corners just so you can place the top of the shutter card that pulls in and out.
8. Punch a hole and place a ribbon at the end of the card stock and that is going to help the recipient to pull out the card!
Now decorate your card!
This is my first shutter slider card! I'M TRYING OUT NEW PROJECTS!
Hope you all have a great Tuesday! Make sure you come back tomorrow to see what I come up with Would You Ever Guess Wednesday !
Haley's first day was Great! She told me today,"Mom I wasn't even shy"! Gotta love 8 year old! Yes I did cry this morning when she went on her bus! (Giggle)
I really hope you all understand my instructions on this card! Try it out! So fun!