Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beach Day Theme Day Thursday!

Hey there, Today is Beach Day Theme Day Thursday at My Cricut Craft Room . I had visited Erica last week and she gave me some great pointers on embossing and stamping. I was always intimidated by stamps and that word EMBOSSING. It sounded so hard, but really it is so simple. Once you know how to emboss you will know longer use glitter and glue on anything ever again. She also taught me how to use the heat gun as well. So in my project I wanted to show what I have learned and to tell you the truth not bad for being my first time embossing.


The basic card layout was from the cartridge JUST BECAUSE CARDS. I love this cartridge. I use it a lot for the cards I make. ( Pointer) Erica taught me to use the two sided paper for cards that way the inside matches the outside and also it looks so much more professional. My mistakes when I made cards was that i would just use the paper from the paper mats and get so frustrated because the inside would always be WHITE. Now I know why (Giggle)
The clouds stamp is from My Pink Design! I love this because it just turns out so nice using this stamp. I used light  blue embossing powder. (Pointer) Erica told me when you use the embossing powder to flick the paper and don't blow on it because the powder some how spreads to where it is supposed to go when you flick it, and when you blow it, lets just say its a mess.
The celebrate Whoo Hoo stamp is actually from the dollar section of Michael's. This stamp came out better than I thought it would be. (Pointer) Don't forget when you use your stamps right afterwards make sure you clean them right away because if you don't that is one way you can mess them up.
The sun was created by using the DESIGNER CALENDER Cartridge .
The Palm tree was so much fun making and that was made using the "DUDE" Cartridge.
Well this is how I made this Awesome Beach card. I really hope that I gave you some good ideas for you when you emboss and make your cards. Come back tomorrow to see what I made for Festive Friday at My Cricut Craft Room. Have a Fantabulous Crafting Day!

No comments: